..we will have to establish something that is completely
> different and modern system, which in 10 years should be able to lure
> majority of the passengers and cargo from Guwahati to Dibrugarh to high
> speed catamarans/ hovercrafts or mid-sized cargo ships from the existing
> bus, cars or trains>>>

 Hovercrafts :

-- were British Non- Engineering-- dead since 1960s-- consumes 10 times the
fuel needed by Hydrofoils
  HydroFoil   is the vehicle for Oxom -- may be Solo-Catamaran-or Trimaran

Lakhs of   Assam Engineers  should have been encouraged to build better
/Lighter hydrofoil boats /craft SINCE 1950'S-- But Alas--- None have even
heard/felt  these.

Indian Curricula concentrate on Ricksaws  or Rockets .

  So  Assamnetters       - if you want to feel  it-- feel your Future-- view
these Clips over and over again:

All about 60>80 Km /Hr Hydrofoil Passenger Tourism Boats
in Brahmaputra   Pasighat to Sea   touching NorthBank/SouthBank   Jetties
with2>5  minute stops. Use
Mobiles and       GPS  to run at night/Storm/Flood/dry  season   .Please
View these   CLIPS  Through  to get a     feel of possibilities on The Luit
AND MOST TRIBUTARIES

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klAggNIir9A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=1hlXJkfQUGw&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DRUsuOTMHQ&feature=related