Rajen-da,

I do not remember his name but he teaches at Boston College (a Jesuit institution) and will be joining Harvard Divinity School in the coming year.

Umesh

Barua25 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>... a Catholic priest did speak positively about path of service by Krishna, Ram, Janak and Buddha in India - he spoke as if >he really believed they were historical figures.

I will be interseted to know who was this Catholic who spoke about this line. Looks like he did some in depth studies in Hinduism. This line, the path of service, the Krishna-Rama-Janaka-Buddha path is the famous Khsatriya path as opposed to Brahmin path. This is the path also propogated By Rabindra Nath Tegore and others who showed that  the main positive trend in Indian history came out of reform movements by these and other Khsatriyas in Indian history The Brahmins although gained vast knowledge did not contributed much for the public welfare according to this line of thinking. One may add to these line also, Nanak and Xongkordev who were also from non brahmin Khsatriya line.

When you wrote that line, it just caught my eyes.
Rajen Barua