Yes, it is sad but was the right move..
From the Assam Tribune
LETTERS

Laudable move
 Sir, –It refers to the issue of Bangladeshi exodus triggered by ‘Chiring Chapori Yuva Mancha’ Dibrugarh. The Mancha’s effort is laudable in the present state of affairs where lawlessness, violence and corruption have become the law of Assam.

It is now foolish to expect the judicial and political system to come forward with a rational solution to this problem, which not only has changed the racial identity of the Assamese forever, but also has left the economy of the State in dire straits. the only alternative that remains is realization on part of the commoners and to embark on a rational policy. The Macha’s efforts to bring about an economic blockade to the immigrants seem to be one and call for support from every right thinking person who heartily feels for a solution. The credibility of the Mancha comes from the fact that it has chosen the path of non-violence and rationality.

At the same time we need to be on our toes to thwart any attempt of politicising the movement, which has already begun, otherwise this would colour our whole effort with mere communal sentiments and irrational racial chauvinism, as the recent history of our country screams of. – Yours etc., B. BORTHAKUR, ACHYANTA SARMAH, Panbazar, Guwahati.

(ii)
  Sir,–It is really a great initiative on the part of Chiring Chapori Yuva Mancha to adopt the 4 point agenda. They are simple, but very forceful. At the bottom of the line, it is economy that has attracted the Bangladeshis to Assam, so the most effective tool to evict them is also “economy”.

These economic weapons (the 4-point agenda) should be adopted by everyone in the State. There are a number of Assam-loving (in that matter India-loving) contractors and private entrepreneurs, involved in various constructions, trade and other economic activities in Assam. I would like to appeal at least to these private entrepreneurs to adopt these 4-point agenda. In other words, to make sure that they directly or indirectly do not employ illegal Bangladeshis; do not use transportation driven/plied by them; do not make any kind of business transaction with suspected illegal Bangladeshis, and do not to provide them with shelter or rented accommodation. Sometimes, it may not make immediate economic sense, but in the long run, they will make sense. Sometimes, it may not be easy to implement them; however, we should not give up.–Yours etc., Bikram M. Baruah, Abu Dhabi, UAE.