C'da,

I am appalled on two counts.
One of course, by the enormity and the sheer ease by these scams have
been perpetrated on the NE people. I truly sympathize with the real
victims - the people.

The second, is how the article shifts the blame on Delhi because it
did not pay attention to the scams.
Shouldn't one be outraged by the ministers an businesses who scammed
the people first? The different State Govts (the primary watchdogs) of
the respective NE can then be asked why they have been napping.
When we get enough answers, we can then ask the Center, why they have
been neglecting the scams in the NE.

This is atrocious, if someone's home were to be robbed, the first
anger should be against the thieves, then the local cops, and finally
the Justice Dept.

Something like the lottery scams are controlled by the State Govt.
There are procedures. My guess would be that until & unless the State
Govt. asks the Center's help, the Center can't do much.

Now, it would be understandable, if it were a income tax evasion scam.
In that event, the IT department & the Center would be responsible.

BTW: I did not see anywhere in the article, that Central Govt.
officials or Ministers were involved (atleast those from outside the
states). What does that tell us?
More than likely, the scams, the artists, the players, and the victims
were all of the local variety.
Its time to get the house in order, IMHO.

--Ram