Central leaders come to the state to campaign because
people want to listen to them and then form opinions.
The ULFA is not stopping elections to the state and
federal level (at least not yet) - they are preventing
leaders that PEOPLE IN ASSAM want them to vist from
visiting during elections. After all, Narasimha Rao
was never invited and Sonia Gandhi always is. The
elections will happen, the state structure will remain
the same. No change there. The only thing perhaps that
will happen will be that the elections will be COERCED
into having an outcome they want.

If indeed the ULFA has such appeal amongst the masses
- why issue a threat against political parties or
civilians. Why not just appeal (not coerce, appeal) to
the public to refrain from attending meetings that
have central leaders in the interests of Assam.
Without any threat whatsoever.

Guess what would be the outcome amongst the people of
such an appeal?

=== message truncated ===