> I think only becos of this lagging in issuing voter ID cards  that so many
> illegal immigranst have been able to enter and settle down here. They have
> got the info that it is very easy here noone checks.

Umesh, I am not sure if that is the logic. Or is it because there are
so many illegal B'deshis that the Govt. is unable to issue ID cards to
the true legal voters?

Either was, instituting a valid ID card for legitimate voters (at this
juncture) will be a monumental task for the state Govt.

As long as the borders are wide open, I really do not see IDs coming
to any use. It will be a miracle, if the State Govt. can issue ID
cards at a rate faster than the hordes coming in.

--Ram da