Today's Assam Tribune has a picture with the following
caption:
"Relatives of last yearÂ’s I-Day blast victims at
Dhemaji planting saplings at the blast site on Monday.
School students took out a silent rally to mark State
Grievance Day in memory of the departed souls."

Now that is connected to the independence day
celebrations. Though in itself, it is not quite a
celebration.