C'da,

While Dr. Goswami probably has the best intentions in her heart, some questions do arise.

How will the GOI be able to release those held in a different country? B'desh in this case.

What happens to those who are released? Will they go back to their old ways or will they join the mainstream?

If those who are in prison for murder or other high crimes are realeased (because it is politically expedient), then what does that say about crime & punishment? How will the GOI justify releasing such people?.

This is specially important as some netters frequently (and probably justifiably) point to the absence/inaction of justice in India and how wheels of justice are slow and inefficient. These netters obviously would NOT want the GOI to any such thing, would they?

>Dr Goswami also reminded the PM  that no untoward incident had
>happened in Assam on the  Independence Day, which was a positive sign
>from the rebel  group.

What about all those bombs going off pre-IDay? Maybe she meant that Assam was lucky that nothing happened, and NOT because the insurgents didn't try.

She has really put a good spin on this.

Just thoughts.

--Ram