C'da,
>>While Dr. Goswami probably has the best intentions in her heart, ----

>**** How would we know ?

We don't. But since she is so embroiled in this, the 'public' ought question her motives/intentions (at the least).

Or, is questioning her intentions off limits? :)

>>How will the GOI be able to release those held in a different country? B'desh in this case.
>**** That is a hard one Ram. I can make some suggestions, but on second thought, I better not open my mouth on this. Let us see if YOU can figure this one out on your own.

Its not really hard, C'da:

Let us see:

The GOI could apply political pressure on B'desh. But how would the GOI explain that away, when one assumes that GOI applied pressure to capture  these elements in the first place. Of course B'desh could have quit stalling and expatriate them back to India. India has been wanting that for sometime.

**** I am not prescient enough to foretell that. But even if they join that 'mainstream', would that be a good thing, ..

From the GOI's point of view - if THEY were to release someone that they think are anti-social, one of the preconditions would obviously be for those released to join the main stream. The GOI may be inefficient, but they do have enough brains to figure out that they really do not want this charade to be some sort of round-robin ie: release, capture, release, capture...

>**** You really put me in a spot here Ram. How do you keep coming up with these
>check-mates, just when I think I had your arguments on the ropes?

Heh! heh! heh! sorry about that. Not my intention.

But, you know I was intrigued: All this time we have been hearing on the net about all inefficiencies of the GOI, the injustice etc by many who would like to hold the GOI's feet to the fire (every time they drop the ball).

Now, suddenly, these same people would like the GOI to NOT follow the justice system, and free people who have committed murder and high crimes, give them a pass, so to speak. And a pass which really does not gurantee anything for the GOI. Its like saying, release them so that they can be free to rampage again.

Question is, why should the GOI throw jurisprudence out of the window (in the name of peace) because it is ULFA, but are supposed to follow rules for others? Why should the GOI bend over backwards in this particular case? Shouldn't murder and mayhem be treated as the crimes they are? Why special privileges for a select few gun totting individuals?

>B: If setting up a kangaroo-commission is not selling well these days,
        then how about a tribunal headed by a retd.( no, no--not retarded)
        (in)justice with a name like Nopota ( or even Pota) Phukan, or
        Xoitnarayon Xorma?

But that is the GOI way, right? Let us ignore them awhile. WHY should  people like you and me (who would like everyone to uphold the law) fall into these vile schemes of the GOI. Why don't we demand justice (as we do for everyone else). Why capitulate just for this 'one time' and cheer for alleged murders? Where are our principles?

But, what do I know? Just thinking when we demand for equal justice etc, sometimes these things boomarang. :)

--Ram