Hi,

I have passed out of Assam Engineering College in the year
2005. During the time we entered the college, job scenario in the
college was not something anyone could be proud of. But there were
people who had vision, people who stuck their necks out and worked
hard to bring in companies to the college. And as a result of their
combined and sustained effort lot of us got placed in reputed
companies by the time our seventh semester started. And since then,
the college has not looked back.

And being in the industry for the last two years there is one thing I
can vouch for - the quality of students (eventual resources !! ) back
home are in more ways than one, better than the average student
outside. Companies today are recognizing this factor, and is more than
willing to tap in this huge resource pool.

The only thing that we were lacking was the 'welcome'
infrastructure. And with people like Prof Arup Kr Mishra, and the
Gogoi brothers (Partha & Pankaj) and their dedicated group of 'souls
of the soil' things look brighter with each passing day.

Of course we must remember, the broader issue here is not just getting
a good job, but bringing Assam and it's deprived people closer to the
great Indian boom.

Regards,

Saumar

debajit das <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

each one of us employed in the MNC/IT can in our own small manners can
start off with this inspiration to approach respective recruitment
facilities in foraying into the degree colleges in Assam alongwith the
ones in the North East in a holistic perspective

Rgds

debajit das