Some more statements from our enlightened Assamese which gets me mad:

Oh so you want to study fashion designing but why do you want to be a
tailor ?

Oh so you want to do mass communication but why do you want to be a
cameraman ?

Oh so you stood 2nd in the exams ?
what a pity ,we thought you would be first.( Dosent matter if the
guy/lady's own children are bad in studies)
Oh so you want to study hotel manangement but why do you want to be a
cook ?

So just chill coz our NE guys are doing good everywhere: in software,
in BPO, in aviation ,in hotel mamagement etc etc. No need to explain
to dumbos.Everyjob is important but we Assamese do not understand the
value of work & think that some work are below our dignity.

--- Gitanjali Hazarika <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Very true Saumar,

It's indeed a gargantuan task to explain the
difference to such people. I have committed the
Himalayan blunder quite a couple of times. The
moment you end up describing about the
multi-national company (MNC) you are working for,
pat comes the response....Ohhh!!...I get it. A BPO!!
(like hell he/she knows..may not even know the full
form, leave alone the what it stands for! You wince,
but valiantly keep a straight face! He/she continues
nonetheless...) It is really sad that you people in
MNCs have to talk to clients all through the
night!?...You try once, you repeat twice, thrice,
trying to get it straight again, ultimately you
sagely bob your head and echo...yes,
sometimes..especially when I can't get any sleep!

"When you can't beat them, join them"... is what
most of us end up doing.

Regards,

Gitanjali Hazarika

PS: Infosys is a helluva company guys. Great work.
Show them your skills. Let them taste the power of
Assamese talent. Congratulations once more. May your
tribe increase.

saumar deka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
                    Call Centres and the Software
Industry are two different things;
it's pity people still don't want to know the
difference.

:)

Regards,

Saumar
ps: Congrats to all who made it to Infosys...
it's an incredible company.

mc mahant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Read "one [EMAIL PROTECTED] call center" and then decide on
your IT future!