Any problem is a problem irrespective of the place of origin.
You claim that as people from Bihar are in Media that's why their news got
covered, but the truth is it came into headlines much after. My brother -in-law
is working on one of the irrigation projects and he informed about the flood
approx a month before it was being telecast on TV.
The Dam breaking down was the major havoc causing in Bihar.

And I don't think that media is biased towards Assam, the serious insurgency
discourages News Channels to keep a full time reporter for Assam/ NE. Very few
TV channels have a proper reporter posted there. I've observed this.
Good thing about media is that they will broadcast, only hitch is that they
should receive the news on time.

Further, I'll like to request all to stop thinking Biased, 'coz if you check
the list of states in accordance to corruption, Both Bihar and Assam are close
to each other.
Try to see the larger picture, 'coz after centuries, when Earth will melt due
to increasing Global Warming, it won't differentiate between Assam, Bihar,
Maharashtra or any other place.

Be a Global Citizen too,
Regards,
Swati