Thks David, I'll try that

-----Mensaje original-----
De: IBM Mainframe Assembler List [mailto:ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] En
nombre de David de Jongh
Enviado el: Viernes, 14 de Octubre de 2011 10:51
Para: ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Asunto: Re: storage for vsam ext

Are you opening all files before you issue the SORT statement?
Have you tried changing the sort storage parameters?
        The SORT-CORE-SIZE special register is the name of a binary data
item that you can use to specify the number of bytes of storage available to
the sort        utility. It has the implicit definition:

                01  SORT-CORE-SIZE GLOBAL PICTURE S9(8) USAGE BINARY VALUE
ZERO.
So you can MOVE nnnnnnn TO SORT-CORE-SIZE to restrict the amount of storage
available to the sort.

If all else fails, you can reduce the BUFNO of each of the files from the
default of 5.

David de Jongh