From: "Rob van der Heij" <rvdh...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, 17 January 2012 2:37 AM

Having the CLC near the EX helps for cache. I also like to assemble it
in-line because the right USINGs apply. We noticed that it is
attractive to run over the CLC (with the length byte 0 as assembled)
and then EX behind your back to do the real thing. More attractive
than branch over the target if the instruction lets you.

A convenient place for the subject instruction is immediately after
a B instruction, thus avoiding the need to execute CLC or MVC twice.

believed to be clean.