Ref:  Your note of Tue, 1 Apr 2014 05:09:21 -0600

Paul Gilmartin <paulgboul...@aim.com> writes:
> May I have your permission to quote you on IBM-MAIN?

I hope I wouldn't say anything on this list such that I would
have any problem with it being quoted elsewhere!

The fact that ASMA9Z and ASMAINFO are shipped for every change
can be seen in the APAR descriptions and in the shipped code,
and the fact that ASMAINFO contains the information for the
INFO option is mentioned in the HLASM Programmers Guide.

The fact that there is no system variable can be determined
from the list of variables in the HLASM Language Reference.

Module eyecatchers containing fix levels are usually filled in
automatically by build processes, often via SYSPARM or similar,
so there is no need to modify the source.  When we build and test
an APAR fix, the eyecatcher usually shows the APAR number (so if
we ship a usermod for testing, the PTF level will usually show an
APAR number) but after the APAR closes and we build the PTF, the
eyecatcher will then show the PTF level.

Jonathan Scott
IBM Hursley, UK
Disclaimer: I do not speak for IBM