On 2 April 2014 06:04, Sharuff Morsa3 <sharuff_mo...@uk.ibm.com> wrote:
> It is interesting to note that the IBM Installation manager is fast
> catching up on installing, tracking products and service levels - and is
> being used by WAS on z - see:
> http://www.ibm.com/support/techdocs/atsmastr.nsf/WebIndex/WP102014
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi7F0QTT7oo
> Session 10633 given by Mike Loos at  SHARE back in 2012 (available at
> SHARE web site)
>
> Will it replace smp/e for all products ? - no (probably not - but I can't
> predict the future), but for cross platform products, it simplifies
> installation and maintenance.

Great - another internal battle looming...?

I must admit I'd never heard of IBM Installation Manager. Is it
available -- the packaging end, that is -- to non-IBM packagers of
software? And glancing at the Websphere cookbook, it seems that it
interacts with SMP/E somehow. Any pointers to an overview? The one in
the Information Center[sic] is less than helpful.

Tony H.