Tony. In z/os I've done the following:
1) root task attaches non-le asm subtaks.
2) each sub tasks issues pipi with parms for non- main program
3) each sub task saves and reuses its own le token.
4) each sub task call LE program via pipi and passes parms as documented.

I'm not at office, so I can't give more details or name of manual

Sam