I have heard that only one machine was ever delivered without the decimal set, but it may have just been rumour.

Gary Weinhold
On 2014-11-14 09:38, Steve Hobson wrote:
CVB and CVD have always been part of the fixed-point instruction
set (the basic set), and are not part of the decimal set.
That's what my antique Green Card says!
And so it has been since the first Principles of Ops.
And sensible to have the decimal instructions in a separate section of
S/360 PoPs because not all S/360 machines had the decimal instructions.
(They did all have the fixed-point instruction set, obviously.)

Best regards, Steve Hobson
Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'ĂȘtre obligĂ© d'en pleurer
Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.