Hi Assembler gurus,

I use the code below to dynamically allocate a PDS member. This works fine if
the member does not exist. If it does (& I wish to append to it), it fails with
a B14-04.
I thought that Text Unit id=4 with a value of X'02' indicated I wanted to use
DISP=MOD. What do I need to change in order to be able to append to an existing
PDS member?

As an aside, is there a better way of doing this?

DYNA     DC    0F'0',X'80',AL3(DYNARB1)   RB POINTER
DYNARB1  DS    0F                         ALIGN
         DC    AL1(20),AL1(01),AL2(0)     LENGTH,ALLOC-VERB,FLAGS1
DYNAER   DC    AL2(0)                     ERROR CODE
DYNAIN   DC    AL2(0)                     INFO CODE
         DC    A(DYNATU)                  TEXT UNIT LIST POINTER
         DC    A(0)                       RESERVED
         DC    A(0)                       FLAGS2
DYNATU   CALL  ,(D11,D12,D13,D14,D15),VL,MF=L    TU POINTERS
D11      DC    XL2'1',XL2'1',XL2'8',CL8'CNTL  '   DDNAME
D12      DC    XL2'2',XL2'1',XL2'2C',CL44' '      DSNAME
D13      DC    XL2'3',XL2'1',XL2'8',CL8'CSV'      MEMBERNAME
D14      DC    XL2'4',XL2'1',XL2'1',XL1'02'       DISP=(MOD...
D15      DC    XL2'5',XL2'1',XL2'1',XL1'08'             ...,KEEP)
DSNAME   EQU   D12+6,44
DSNMEMB  EQU   D13+9,5

Regards - Grant.
DTCC DISCLAIMER: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential
and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are
addressed. If you have received this email in error, please notify us
immediately and delete the email and any attachments from your system. The
viruses.  The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus
transmitted by this email.