For IBM macros that do SIIS, use the MF=E/L or SF=E/L variants.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Assembler List [mailto:ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On
Behalf Of Philippe Cloarec
Sent: 14 November 2016 07:06
To: ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Re: SIIS "issue" after upgrade to z13 machine.

Hi John,
Thx much for your input.  Yes, I was planning to use newer instructions but I
did realize seeing current design of the applications I am reviewing this will
generate some extra needed time to be sure all is ok and  I cannot afford this
in current context.  To implement Baseless pgm or HLASM for readibility purpose
would have been great but here as well no time and related resources, data and
people to redo some tests for applications changed, and for sure there is no
budget for this :) .
Yes, I was aware of the point related to needed alignment to a 256 bytes
boundary and for some options at Linkedit time to ensure alignement.
Beside User Code, I have to check all macros including IBM ones...for SIIS
occurences.  We can change User macros code but I am not sure IBM does plan to
fix SIIS cases for delivered macros on a short timeframe or even ever.  You
have also the case of User macro including IBM ones behalf its code.  I was
giving some arbitrary list of programs to review and I do NOT have at the time
the listings but the source code only.  Basically SIIS audit phase may be
larger and time consuming than expected I will inform involved people in the
project for this point.  Have a great day, regards Philippe

---