PL/I (F) has(had) both static and dynamic ("transient" was the term
used) parts of its library.  All the IEM** modules are parts of the
compiler... all those little modules were because it had to run on a
256kb machine (which is what F-level means -- iirc)  The library
modules were prefixed with IHE.

As for the original question, I though it sounded like he was in the
middle of his mid-term while he was posting.

sas

--
sas