I do like it.

Perhaps a warning message on a violation.

Charles

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Assembler List [mailto:ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]
On Behalf Of Binyamin Dissen
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2018 8:50 AM
To: ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: An idea I got when researching a bug - warnings when a specific
register is changed

Since the assembler knows which instructions modify which registers, it
would
be nice if there was a way to "protect" a register for a code range.

Perhaps

                         USING area,Rx,protect

Any alteration of the register until the DROP would cause a warning message
on
the instruction.

Or might such an option exist?

http://www.dissensoftware.com