From: IBM Mainframe Assembler List <ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> on behalf
of Martin Truebner <mar...@pi-sysprog.de>
Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2019 2:22 AM
To: ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Re: Sysadata symbol and literal cross reference record type x’44’
re-post from IBMMAIN

Mike,

>> Also, if IBM makes available some diagnostics about instruction
>> cache flushes, like cause and location, this might be another option.

Can you elaborate on that "if"? Are you saying that there are ways to
get more from the hardware than just the counter E163 (*).

I do agree that that counter (even in relation to counter B2) does
not say much- but typical numbers for your load (i.e. heavy night
load when certain programs run) vs. daily online load or numbers from
other installations before and after attempts to eliminate the cause of
E163.

Martin

(*) definition of that counter from the book:
Counter 163 – A directory write to the Level-1
Instruction cache directory where the returned cache
line was sourced from an On-Chip Level-3 cache
with intervention.

--
Martin Trübner; everything around "PoOps of z/arch"

Teichstraße 39E
D-63225 Langen

F: +49 6103 71254
M: +49 171 850 7132