Peter

The data is the layout of a VB file it doesn’t have orgs for group items has 0
or nothing

What I am trying and am not sure if I will succeed is read in the data via
AREAD
Using ADATA is not practical as there isn’t
Production adata file of the record layout
I could haphazardly take a production program and look for the esid of that
copybook but it seems like overkill

I’m in a testing group whose members know little assembler
Rexx is used to validate data for instance when the government issues a
stimulus payment
The production record layout is VB with different sections
What I am attempting is to generate and populate Rexx variables with the same
name/symbols as that of assembler and corresponding value from the record

Just had an idea for an RFE a debugger for the conditional assembly

Thanks