From: IBM Mainframe Assembler List [mailto:ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]
On Behalf Of Willy Jensen
Sent: Monday, September 19, 2022 10:05 AM
To: ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: SV: Assembler courses

Even so, I did eventually write a macro to handle DCBs from a 31-bit
program. The macro does GEN, MOD, OPEN, CLOSE, GET, PUT and EXPOSE with
dynamically allocated storage. GET and PUT can determine whether the dataset
is FB or VB and read or write data accordingly, aka PL/I GET/PUT DATA (as I
recall). While perhaps minor, it does make my coding a bit simpler. Plus it
was fun to do, though I probably spent more time developing it than I will
ever save having it.