To GilFor the why question, there are a few answers that have to do woth reality
A. Most everybody is on WindowsB. Most everybody does not work with KeditC.
Notepad++ became the de-facto industry standard, to the point that there are at
least two Linux clonesZA
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Sat, Jun 3, 2023 at 5:27 PM, Paul
Gilmartin<00000014e0e4a59b-dmarc-requ...@listserv.uga.edu> wrote:   On 6/3/23
12:29:30, Abe Kornelis wrote:

> based on the work by Charles Mills I created an updated/extended version
> including all current instructions according PoP, more macros,
> more register names, and more file types.
>
> It is not perfect, but it does a reasonable job.
>
> So I submitted it to the Notepad++ community.
> They've taken it up in their library/repository at
> https://github.com/notepad-plus-plus/userDefinedLanguages
>
> If you want to give it a try, you can import
> the definitions from that repository.

Why Notepad++?  I'd expect Kedit or The to be more familiar
to the HLASM community?

Better macro support?  In what language are macros coded?

Portability?  Is Notepad++ available on desktop platforms
other than one, or are the macros editor-agnostic?  Of course,
there's WINE, VirtualBox, or VMWare.  Which of those would
require a license fee?

--
gil