Geez, people. This was not a religious statement about platforms. This was a
personal tool that I decided to share.

I don't have a product management department that decided which platforms to
invest in based on extensive market research.

Why Windows? Because I have been using Windows since Windows 2. That's not a
political statement, that's just a fact. Is it the best OS ever? No, the best
OS ever is z/OS. <g> It's an OS that works much of the time and that I know and
have. (Frankly, I also know MacOS pretty well because I am the IT department
for a spouse, and to tell the truth I like Windows better. So shoot me.)

Why NP++? I dunno. I was unhappy with my previous text editor, whose name
escapes me. I searched on Google, found NP++, downloaded it, and it worked. And
the price was right. I have been using it ever since for HLASM, Rexx, and
miscellaneous text-type files.

Why did I develop the file? I wanted highlighting for HLASM in the editor that
I was already using.

I hereby grant all parties a free, unrestricted, perpetual license to not use
it.

BTW @Gil, the macros in question are HLASM macros with .* comments, not some
sort of NP++ XML macros.

Charles