On Wed, 18 Oct 2023, at 19:39, Dave Clark wrote:
> "IBM Mainframe Assembler List" <ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> wrote on
> 10/18/2023 02:35:40 PM:
>> On Wed, 18 Oct 2023, at 19:09, Dave Clark wrote:
>> > However, the following is the solution I'm actually going with.
>>
>> > LA    R0,SHVPARM1             GET ADDRESS OF PARM 1
>> > LA    R1,SHVPARM2             GET ADDRESS OF PARM 2
>> > LA    R2,SHVPARM2             GET ADDRESS OF PARM 3
>>
>> Is that second reference to "SHVPARM2" just a typo?
>

>         No, the documentation says the 2nd and 3rd parameters should be
> the same address.  Don't know why but I don't question it.   ;-)

(Why's there no "Jeremy Nicoll ... wrote" attribution line above?  I was
going to trim more of the old stuff away, above, and noticed it didn't
make sense.)

I might then have written:

LA    R2,SHVPARM2             NB PARM 3 SHOULD BE SAME AS PARM 2

to reduce risk that in future someone else "corrects" the code.  But maybe
you've documented that somewhere else?

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.