More than a decade ago when I was working as a developer on the
implementation and support of Extended Address Volumes, the plan
of record was to "functionally stabilize" BDAM.  At that time there
was zero work planned or being done on BDAM for EAV support.  To be
honest, I haven't paid any attention to BDAM since, so I cannot say
for certain what BDAM improvements may have occurred.  That said, I
would avoid using BDAM unless you have absolutely no other choice.

As others have advised, you can likely achieve your goal using BSAM,
subject to the constraints and caveats they've stated.

I agree with the sentiment stated by Binyamin Dissen:

"However this is the wrong organization for the file if that is your
need.  No matter how hard you try, a hammer is a poor tool to put in
a screw."

Bob