On Tue, 14 Nov 2023 15:31:39 -0700 Paul Gilmartin
<00000014e0e4a59b-dmarc-requ...@listserv.uga.edu> wrote:

:>On 11/14/23 15:22:19, Willy Jensen wrote:
:>> The way I read the error message is that the entire statement 'SR    15,15'
is read as the op-code.
.
:>Is there something that works like AINSERT, but processes its operand
:>immediately rather than buffering it until return to open code?

:>That would seem to address the OP's need.

No, but macro language is quite powerful. I once wrote a macro that did some
inventory using AREAD to get the data records.

All he needs is an inner macro which takes the &variable, separates it out and
issues the instruction.

http://www.dissensoftware.com