I am imagining (and could easily be wrong) that the hex data is identical
across the views (and thus the instruction implementation does not care about
the view), and it's only a question of which bits you choose to look at (or
what arithmetic logical manipulation you use) if formatting the value for human
consumption.

For example, the exponent differs, as does the significand (a term I had not
known of until seeing it in the POp).

I don't know what kind of dump was being looked at, but perhaps there's a
formatting option within the dump viewing program that might say "show me this
as a Right-Unit View DFP value".

Peter Relson
z/OS Core Technology Design