>> Just happened again

> I have disabled ClamAV for now in ASSP and all is well.

> In addition to becoming unresponsive, any attachment that would happen
> get through while ClamAV is running within ASSP, the file is damaged
and
> cannot be opened.  This was not an issue before yesterday.  I have run
the
> latest beta each time one comes out so whatever was changed after
> Wednesday seems to be causing the problem.  Hope that helps.

are you using additional signatures (e.g. sanesecurity and so on) ?

If so, could you please try removing the additional signatures from the
ClamAV folder (and temporarily disabling the additional signatures
update script - if any) and then restarting ClamD and re-enabling the
ClamAV scan in ASSP ?

I wonder if the issues you see may be due to ClamD crashing due to
some signature issue and causing "side effects" to ASSP, so, since
using the standard signatures shouldn't (hopefully) cause ClamD to
crash, the above test may help pinpointing the problem

Also, and since you're at it, it would be a good idea having a look at
the clamd log file and especially looking at error/stop messages