Hello,

My version is assp 2.4.8 build 16004 an the option:

Enable the 8BITMIME SMTP Extension (enable8BITMIME)
If enabled (default) assp offers and supports the 8BITMIME SMTP extension, if
the connected peers offers and supports 8BITMIME.

Is not working in my case.

I think that you must change the text " Enable the 8BITMIME SMTP Extension
(enable8BITMIME)" to "Disable the 8BITMIME SMTP Extension (enable8BITMIME)"

Test:

[UNCHECK] Enable the 8BITMIME SMTP Extension (enable8BITMIME)
*** Updated 1
If enabled (default) assp offers and supports the 8BITMIME SMTP extension, if
the connected peers offers and supports 8BITMIME.

root@BCSW-DMZ-ALGSRV05:~# telnet 10.10.10.10 25
Trying 10.10.10.10...
Connected to 10.10.10.10.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 mail.mhp.de ESMTP
ehlo sdfsfs
250-mailer.domain.de
250-STARTTLS
250-SIZE 75000000
250-VRFY
250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
250-8BITMIME
250 DSN
quit
221 2.0.0 Bye
Connection closed by foreign host.

After check:

[CHECK] Enable the 8BITMIME SMTP Extension (enable8BITMIME)
*** Updated 1
If enabled (default) assp offers and supports the 8BITMIME SMTP extension, if
the connected peers offers and supports 8BITMIME.

root@BCSW-DMZ-ALGSRV05:~# telnet 10.10.10.10 25
Trying 10.10.10.10...
Connected to 10.10.10.10.
Escape character is '^]'.