Hi Thomas, hi all, i have the usual questions about upgrading ASSP.
Sorry but i have to double-check everything just to be sure i will have no
regression or troubles.
I'll be taking a VM snapshot before the update but i really don't want to
be doing a rollback.

Here is my checklist, mostly from the INSTALL file in assp package.
In the file i read:

1) *stop ASSP*

2) *do a backup:* Ok, my assp folder is 57G, a little too much for a folder
backup.
would a
*rsync -aAXv
--exclude={"discarded/*","errors/*","logs/*","notspam/*","okmail/*","quarantine/*","spam/*"}
/opt/assp /root/backup/assp-old*
be enough for a rollback?

3) *copy all files and folders to your existing  ASSP folder: **cp -aR
/2.4.8_16036/assp2/* /opt/assp/*

4) *copy from folder "files" into the folder "files" inside your old ASSP
folder: you may have to merge your modifications in the old files with the
new files. *it's not very clear, but i assume i'll be using the new files
instead of old ones (they will be overwritten), except for the files added
by me. then i will be merging only MY additions from the backup into the
custom new files.

5) *then i have a list of files (invalidptr.txt, URIBLCCTLDS.txt, ecc..),
some with "merge" appended: *not clear to me if i have to merge ALL the old
entries to the new ones or only MY modifications. i suppose the latter,
since maybe some custom entries have changed over time and need to be
replaced.

6) *clean denyalways.txt, keep only your own entries*: simple but
puzzling... what do you mean by *clean? *should i keep the new file and
merge ONLY my editings?

7) *update perl modules*:
*cpan install Text::Glob Number::Compare Compress::Zlib Convert::TNEF
Digest::MD5 Digest::SHA1 Email::MIME::Modifier Email::Send Email::Valid
File::ReadBackwards File::Scan::ClamAV LWP::Simple MIME::Types
Mail::DKIM::Verifier Mail::SPFMail::SPF::Query Mail::SRS Net::CIDR::Lite
Net::DNS Net::IP::Match::Regexp Net::LDAP Net::SMTP Net::SenderBase
Net::Syslog PerlIO::scalar threads threads::shared Thread::Queue
Thread::State Tie::DBI Time::HiRes Schedule::Cron Sys::MemInfo
IO::Socket::SSL BerkeleyDB Crypt::CBC Crypt::OpenSSL::AES*

*cpan install YAML File::Find::Rule File::Slurp File::Which
LEOCHARRE::DEBUG File::chmod Linux::usermod LEOCHARRE::CLI Crypt::RC4
Text::PDF Smart::Comments CAM::PDF PDF::API2 Image::Magick PDF::Burst
PDF::GetImages Image::OCR::Tesseract PDF::OCR PDF::OCR2 LEOCHARRE::DEBUG*

*cpan install Net::SSLeay NetAddr::IP::Lite Text::Unidecode Authen::SASL*

and cpan install of every module is see as *outdated* in "info and Stats"
page.

8) *run latest mods_inst.pl <http://mods_inst.pl> install: *just to be sure
that every module is updated

9) *start ASSP and check log and moduleLoadErrors file for errors.*

Ok, this is what i did in my master/slave test environment and everything
seems to be working.
Since in test i did barely no customizations (or file editing) i want to be
sure that all my productions configurations are preserved and not reset to
defaults or deleted.

just one thing is not up-to-date: *OpenSSL-lib 1.0.1f 6 Jan 2014 1.0.1f /
1.0.1h*
Openssl is ok (OpenSSL 1.0.1f 1.0.1f / 0.9.8) and i don't know what to do
about Openssl-lib.
Should i ignore this?
Can you give me a feedback about this checklist?

I'm running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, Perl v5.18.2.

Thanks!
Regards,

aqx
--
"Madness, like small fish, runs in hosts, in vast numbers of instances."

Nessuno mi pettina bene come il vento.