Thomas,
First,  as requested, I've tried to change the way I generally ask for
features.  I hope this is better, helpful, and fully explains my reasoning.

Just like we can customize the spamError, DelayError, NoValidRecipient, and
other reasons that appear in rejection/delay messages to the sender, I
believe it would be valuable to have additional optional settings to
customize rejection messages in ASSP.  This would help legitimate senders
who are erroneously rejected reach out to their IT for the following
reasons:

554 5.7.1 Extreme Bad IP Profile
554 5.7.1 too many different IP's for domain (domain)
554 5.7.1 too frequent connections for (ip)
554 5.7.1 too frequent connections for originated IP-address (ip)
554 5.7.1 too many mails with same subject

there's also 521 transmission terminated, but I've never encountered that.

My top priority is the Extreme Bad IP Profile message.  Here's why:
We've seen several schools that our charity work with get IP blocked by
ASSP recently, and rightfully so.  But there's legitimate senders too using
the same IP space. That then gets our charity calls from the students
asking what Extreme Bad IP Profile is (to which our well intentioned but
non-technical volunteers obviously have no idea).

Having a message like:

554 5.7.1 Your message was rejected due to your server's reputation.
Please work with your local email administrator to resolve this issue.
[Mail administrator: Your sender IP is on our blocklist due to previously
observed bad activity.]

would be more clear to the sender, and they'd know to get their IT
involved.  If their IT calls us, so be it.

Even better would be to put the IP address and sender domain into the
already variable message, but that's probably more coding work than it's
worth.

I tried my hand at editing ASSP code (breaking the code signature) on a
test server to make it so that we can optionally customize the error
messages returned for some of the rejected mails.  Something's not right
with the way the GUI prompts for the info, but I think my concept is solid,
there should be no sweat for a perl pro to modify the code, and I believe
it would be a widely valuable change.  If you'll only consider this request
if I first get it working, I will press along, but I feel like you'll hate
my sloppy code and will need to rework it anyway.

To accomplish what I'm asking for, I believe ASSP would need to be modified
to have optional configuration entries in the GUI for each of the above 554
error scenarios.

Then everywhere that there are lines like

seterror( $fh, "554 5.7.1 Extreme Bad IP Profile", 1 );

(which is only 7 554 locations that aren't customizable already)

We'd need something like the logic that is already used for delayed
messages:

if ($DelayError) {

            $reply = $DelayError."\r\n";
        } else {
            $reply = "451 4.7.1 Please try again later\r\n";
        }

so something like

if ($ExtremeBadIPProfileErrorMessage) {
            $reply = $ExtremeBadIPProfileErrorMessage ."\r\n";
        } else {
            $reply = "451 4.7.1 Extreme Bad IP Profile \r\n";
        }

Do you think that's a good idea, would it be reasonable to enhance the code
to accomplish this?  This wouldn't impact the globalPB right?

and as importantly, are you happier with the way that I asked this question?

Thanks
Ken