On Mon, 1 Jan 2018 12:15:49 +0100
Thomas Eckardt <thomas.ecka...@thockar.com> wrote:

> Comparing github and sourceforge, I can't find any advantage using
> github for the assp project.

The easy of forking repos and submitting PRs is a pretty big advantage.
Sourceforge hasn't anything like that. It will not even let you have a
repo with the same name as another. I could not put a project on
sourceforge years ago due to naming conflicts. Not to mention
continuous integration and testing like via Travis or Shippable. I
haven't seen similar with SF, but may exist.

Plus the whole organization and sub projects. Makes it easy to see what
all comes from a given source. Not sure its so clear what all modules
are provided by ASSP due to being within ASSP.

> There are simply too many things (tasks) running at the SF servers in
> background for the assp project. Moving them to any other provider
> would be very complex and alot of work (without any advantage). It is
> also unclear to me, if any other provider offers the same services
> for free. Also - the 2017 ToS of github may be problematic.

One thing I forgot to mention is a mirror. That may be suffice, and PRs
tend to be best merged outside Github for proper commit signing. That
may work out and still allow things to reside on SF.

I think the project will get more exposure and contributions on Github.
That alone maybe worth any experiment. I am happy to help with any
Github integration not just leave it to others. Either way no worries.

Happy New Year!

--
William L. Thomson Jr.