[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
On Wed, 30 Mar 2005, Rusty Shackleford wrote:

You should explore PayPal. Their merchant offerings are much better than
even 12 months ago. For example, they no longer require credit card
users (your customers) to register and set up a PayPal account. Other
improvements have been made to their API that have eliminated most of
the annoying issues that many on-line merchants have had with PayPal.

Why don't you stop being a lemonade stand operation and get a real merchant account?

Why would a customer trust you when you only accept paypal payments? Its instant sign of "hello, I am very small and I can't even afford to bother setting up a merchant account".

-alex

Alex,

What's wrong with being small? I think a lot of companies have much more growth potential when they can fess up that they are, in fact, a 1,2,3,10 person operation. I hate going to websites that are all done up in flash, make claims about their support staff, etc. when it is in fact only one guy that made a fancy website and nothing more. Content, please!

Last time I checked, soemthing like %50 (or more) of the businesses in the US were "small". We can't all be Fortune 500 :).

--
Kristian Kielhofner