Am 03.09.2019 um 16:44 schrieb Alex Balashov:
I don’t mean to post an unhelpful tangent or be flippant or dismissive of your question.

... it’s just that my powers of comprehension are no match for the notion that calling cards are still a thing in 2019, in any market. How?!

No, I mean, I intellectually know this, just as I know that US TFNs and geographic DIDs + RCF are still a thing. I just don’t get it. It’s good that I’m not in charge of figuring out what is marketable, because I freely confess I am just stupefied.

Maybe people will accept the obstacles in order to save money. We run a cumbersome callthrough service, where you have to dial a PSTN number from your mobile to access the service, then enter a PIN via DTMF, and then enter the destination number also via DTMF, and then cross fingers to get connected via a dirt cheap bad quality route. People still use it because it's cheaper than anything else they can find.