Hey all,
    This was discussed a little in the past, but I'd like to bring it up one
more time, and get an official consensus from the community.

I'm planning on committing the patch in Mantis issue 8919 (chan_cellphone)
soon, and before I do, I wanted to get thoughts from all of you on what we
should actually name it.  Some of you (myself included) have voiced concerns
about the name of the channel driver - it's outgrown it, since it no longer
supports *just* cellphones.  It also supports bluetooth headsets, and in the
future could support even more (bluetooth fax profile, anybody?  who knows what
the future may hold).

chan_bluetooth seems to be the most obvious name, but that's already used by
another similar channel driver - that would only cause confusion...and
confusion is very bad.

I'd like to propose the name "chan_mobile" (Matthew Rubenstein gets credit for
suggesting it as the new name (but a google search says I called it 6 months
prior - before chan_cellphone even existed :p))

If you have thoughts/feelings for/against the name or for/against the name
change, please feel free to voice them here, or to me privately.

--
Jason Parker
Digium