Michael Cargile wrote:
Personally I like chan_bluetooth.  I don't think chan_mobile really
describes what it does.  Chan mobile does not make me think "i'll use my
bluetooth hand set with this asterisk channel".

As far as the channel driver suporting other technologies in the future,
we could just rename it then (and have this lengthy discussion again).

Personally I like chan_mobile because it covers all the bases that this
driver will cover in the not too distant future. When I think
chan_mobile I think hey this will support my mobil device, whatever it
happens to be. Calling it by a name of what it currently supports makes
no sense, if in a few months it will just have to be renamed anyways.
Doing so will just add more confusion. If I hadn't happen to read this
thread I would still be looking for chan_cellphone.

Sort of like name Asterisk "Asterisk". It is a wildcard that covers "everything".

Thanks,
Steve
www.asteriskhelpdesk.com