What'd this device set ya back? Have a url?

-d

At 11:45 PM 6/30/2003 -0700, you wrote:

AudioCodes has one 24 port fxs sip interface, i have one 8 port fxs with SIP up and running with *

Michael Kane wrote:

The Cisco 242x (20 or 21), has a 24 port analog interface that supports 16
FXS and 8 FXO.  I've delpoyed hundreds of these IAD's signaling with MGCP.
Not sure if it supports SIP yet.  Hope this helps...

Mike

Michael Kane
To-Talk Communications LLC.
37 Sandusky Dr.
Wareham, Ma. 02571
508-295-2826
----- Original Message ----- From: "Andy Powell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, June 30, 2003 2:51 PM
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Minimum budget question ...

Hi Tan,

Thanks for the reply. I'll end up asking a load more questions now...

What sort of prices are we talking about for the 24 port
VoIP gateway?

I assume that each port is individually addresable by *?

As I recall the 24 port gateways tend to be terminated at the FXS side
as some 'wierd' connector (wierd in that it's not rj45/11) do you just
wire this to a patch panel?

What codec is in use to get all 24 ports 'running' at the same time..G729?
Does this cause problems since iirc * needs to run in console mode for
the G729 codec to work properly

Thanks for the info... interesting site too :D

Andy