Hi

I have a Digium TDM400 card with 4 FXO modules connected to the extension ports on a Panasonic KXTD816.  I'm using [EMAIL PROTECTED] v1.0, which has Asterisk 1.07.

There's a problem that Asterisk doesn't detect when the line is disconnected on the Panasonic.  The Panasonic doesn't provide polarity reversal or current drop or anything like that to indicate hangup. It just plays the dial tone again.

I've tried several different things, thinking that the settings were not correct for South Africa.  I've tried adding busydetect=yes and busycount=4, since that worked for our analogue Telecom lines (they work the same way as the Panasonic).

At the moment, I'm thinking I need to change the busy tone in indications.conf.  Currently, it is set to 400/500,0/500, which are the settings for Alcatel switches in the Western Cape, South Africa.  The PABX seems to need 400/250,0/250, but that doesn't work.

Has anybody tried this before?  It's probably not specific to South Africa, but Panasonic KXTD PABXs.

Regards
Hilton

Datatex Dynamics CC
Web site http://www.datatex.co.za/
Email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tel +27215924033
Fax +27215924077

The use of the Datatex e-mail facility is not permitted
for the distribution of chain letters or offensive email
of any nature whatsoever. Datatex hereby distances itself
from and accepts no liability in respect of the
unauthorised use of its e-mail facility or the sending of
e-mail communications for other than strictly business
purposes. Datatex furthermore disclaims liability for any
unauthorised instruction for which permission was not
granted. Any recipient of an unacceptable communication,
a chain letter or offensive material of any nature is
requested to report it to [EMAIL PROTECTED].