[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hello All,
I was wondering if I could do the following on asterisk...

Get a T1 between 2 locations, and split it into a data channel of like
1024, and use the rest for voice channels.

Has anyone done this and had it working well?  Or would I need to get a
csu that allows a split into two interfaces?

Regards,
Greg
On a point-to-point t you will need hardware to split channels at both ends.

Since you posted to this list I assume that * is used at least on one end of the t1. If you use good routers that can prioritize voip traffic then all you need is ata's and/or ip phones at the other end. That gives you more data bandwidth when the phones are not in use. Segregating n/24 of your t is not so flexible.