"I cannot send dial commands to my auto attendant or speak if I use a did to send the inbound calls to a specific extension"

Does asterisk says something in the verbose console?

please post your sip.conf relevant entries for BroadVoice. I have just cancelled with BroadVoice (too much latency for the places i wanted to call), so i never used the incoming number. But im glad to help if i can.

Best Regards