On 8 Oct 2005, at 09:49, snacktime wrote:

I don't know, after looking at their roadmap I don't get it. It must be the asterisk commit policies that are driving this. They have some good ideas, but they are going about this the wrong way if their goal is to create a successful fork of asterisk.

If I remember right, OpenPBX folks feel that Digium diverged from the 'right path' when they released ABE. OpenPBX is a response to that. Check on the archives around the ABE announcement to get a
flavor.

I'm passing _no_ judgement, except to say that some useful projects have been started
for eccentric reasons.

I started our SNMP stack as the result of someone saying 'Java can't do that' and I just had
to prove him wrong :-)

Tim.