Julian Lyndon-Smith wrote:
Tom Rymes wrote:

That's a good idea, but it does not help when the agent receives a call from the queue. If an agent has call-waiting enabled (at least on our 7940 Ciscos...) the queue will send another incoming call while the agent is still on the phone withthe last call sent to them from the queue.

Is that not the case? Have I misconfigured something?

The Queue should not be sending a call to an agent that is marked as "paused", that is what the pause was desigined for. Are you using more than 1 queue with the same agent ?

When accepting a call from the queue, what mechanism is there to pause the queue member?

Yes, it's possible to pause the agent when she places an outbound call or when recieving a direct-dialed or extention-dialed call, but how do you pause the agent when she accepts a call from the queue?

To the OP:

We too use Cisco 7940s for our office, and what I ended up doing, was turning off call waiting completely, then using the first line appearance for the user's actual extension, and the second line appearance for the call queue. It's just as annoying as call waiting without getting slammed by queue calls.

--
  Troy Settle
  Pulaski Networks