Yes, it had.
i have already connected IAX to IAX over VPN and usingDigium TDM400P card from digium. and i also connected to my pabx traditional. so i can call to other site with free.

it 's like a voip gateway, but anyway i have still problem with the echo, i don't know how to handle this, i already changes with references in the forum but echo is still hear.

Chadwick E. Labno wrote:
Is it possible to route a call from an Asterisk box through the
Internet to a IAX device (in this case Digium IAXy) without
using an IAX service like IAXTel? I have it working on my
local Ethernet LAN so it should be possible to use VPN to
cross the internet. Anyone using VPN or other method to
acomplish this?
Thanks
Chad