----- Original Message -----

    *From:* Rob Fugina <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    *To:* asterisk-users@lists.digium.com
    <mailto:asterisk-users@lists.digium.com>
    *Sent:* Monday, October 17, 2005 5:14 PM
    *Subject:* [Asterisk-Users] Teliax IAX problems -- Asterisk
    doesn't see answer

    Not to point the finger at Teliax, but I'm having some unique
    problems with their service that are as yet unexplained.

    Incoming calls are fine.

    Outgoing calls don't work, though they did at one time.  As of
    today, I'm running the latest code from CVS.

        -- Called teliax/13143212222
        -- Call accepted by 208.139.204.245 <http://208.139.204.245>
    (format ulaw)
        -- Format for call is ulaw
        -- IAX2/teliax-18 is making progress passing it to IAX2/iay1-17
        -- Hungup 'IAX2/teliax-18'

    I can see from a tethereal network dump that Teliax is sending an
ANSWER, but Asterisk never notices. Teliax starts sending audio. The callee gets audio. The caller gets nothing.

I can make the same call through Nufone, and it works fine. Asterisk sees the ANSWER.

    But the network trace differs significantly between Nufone and
Teliax. With Nufone, I see RINGING, 'stop sounds', then ANSWER. With Teliax, I don't see the RINGING frame or 'stop sounds' frame
    at all.

    I don't know enough about the IAX protocol to know where the real
    problem here is.  Can anyone help?  What other info can I provide
    that would help diagnose?

    Thanks,
    Rob

I think I'm having a very similar issue. Does setting jitterbuffer=off in iax.conf make the problem go away?