Sean Kennedy wrote:
Hi all,

I'm having a hard time finding information related to the regular expressions that can be used in a dialplan, specifically as an extension. For example, I have an 800 number which I'd like to jump directly to if my users dial it, instead of going over my pstn termination. Currently, it looks like this:

exten => 8661234567,1,Goto(800-in)

However, I'd like 1866123456 to match as well. I can't find in the wiki or sample configs how to say "match this 0 or 1 times". Can anybody provide a link that would go over this? Again, I've been digging through the wiki, but I seem to be missing it.

Thanks

Sean

You could do it like this:

exten => _866.,1,GoTo(800-in)

The period means match one or more characters.

You can find reference to expressions and how they work in this pdf book http://www.nufone.net/downloads/asteriskdocs/AsteriskTFOT.zip

Dan