Ben Fried wrote:
On 1/9/06, Rich Adamson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Sorry in advance if this is a FAQ...

I've got a working Asterisk setup based on [EMAIL PROTECTED] 2.2. I have a
TDM400
card with 2 FXS and 2 FXO ports; PSTN connections come in via the TDM
card.

I haven't been able to get inbound fax with spandsp and rxfax to work.
Occasionally an all-text fax will come in, though it's usually badly
corrupted, but in most cases, it would appear that the call is
terminated without successful transmission of the fax. I get logs that
look what's included below.

From reading the list, it looks like this is caused by the TDM card
missing frames. Does that sound correct? If so, is there any relief in
sight?

Its been a problem since the card came out a couple of years ago. So, no
it does not appear there is any relief in sight.

Sigh. What a disappointment! Are there any other options for home
users to receive faxes over the PSTN through *? Is anyone working on
an alternative to the zaptel driver that might fix this issue?

Humm, I tried to get my TDM400 card accepting faxes last week. It works about 1 out of 8 times. When it works, it looks great. When it doesn't, I usually (but not always) get a 'poor line quality' error from the sending fax machine and a blank or small corrupt image.

I've tried adjusting the gain up and down, reversing ring/tip, and a few other little things. I wonder if it helps to adjust some other settings in the zapata.conf, like echo cancellation?

My hope is dwindling, though, after reading this thread. :'( I do have a couple unused X100P clones sitting in that box that might be worth a try...

Phil